Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Isn't Until It Is (Open)

2 posters

Go down

It Isn't Until It Is (Open) Empty It Isn't Until It Is (Open)

Post by Sadiq Adnan Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 am

It wasn't like the shoreline was really the safest place to be at dusk. After all, standing by the dark ocean with only the flickering lights from the city behind you and a few from ships in front of you was not really enough to light where you were currently standing.

Which meant, safety or not, it was a calm place. There was a long beach that was often empty, especially when it was starting to fade from light to darkness. It made a welcome change from the bustle and noise and smells of living in the heart of the market place.

Perhaps that was why Sadiq spent so many of his nights taking long walks in the least likely places. Quiet, some peace, a chance to get his head on right again in time for the next day. Adjusting his mask, he glanced around, inhaling some of the salty sea air.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

It Isn't Until It Is (Open) Empty Re: It Isn't Until It Is (Open)

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Vash Zwingli made his way along the quayside, sending cursory glances toward the ships. He was considering how best to go about working with the larger guns. Ideally they would be made of lighter material, but they would need the strength and versatility of ammunition that a heavier cannon would have. The trick would be finding a metal that would suffice for that and still be able to craft it in the forge.

The Swiss drew his coat a bit closer around him at the breeze that picked up from the sea. He paused at the sight of a man a few paces away. His hand instinctively slipped to where his gun rested on his hip. It was always better to assume the worst until something proved one wrong.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Sadiq paused, crossing his arms over his chest and considering the man in front of him. He recognized the smaller man, nodding in greeting. "Not many people down here this time of night. I was actually hopin' for a quiet stroll," he said.

"That being said, do you mind? I know exactly where you're hand is and I'm truly hurt you would think such things of me."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Vash lowered his hand as he recognized the other merchant, "You can hardly blame me for being cautious. You said yourself, not many people come down here at this time of night."

His green gaze moved around the area, "If you like I can leave you to your stroll, I was just down here to think, myself, before going back to the forge."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:20 am

Arms still crossed over his chest, Sadiq ran his eyes up and down the other, considering first his appearance before turning his eyes up to consider the sky above them. "It's a bit late for just a stroll, don't you think? You sure you're not here for some other purpose?"

He was teasing, his brows arched under his mask, but curious to see how the other would react.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm

The Swiss snorted at that, "It is rather late for a stroll. But it's also the only time I can get away from the forge. The shop gets rather stuffy by the time evening rolls around."

He considered, glancing at the other what could be the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips, "Though I might turn that question back on you. As you say, it's a bit late for a stroll. Have you another intention for being down here?"
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

He laughed at that, shifting his shoulders back slightly. "Yes, of course. I am down here for illegal activities that are hardly fit for delicate ears to hear," he said before shaking his head.

"The market place is loud and full of swarmin' people. They rarely come down here, especially at this time of night for they are far too afraid. It's a good space to clear one's head."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 pm

The Swiss smiled faintly, "So you are here for much the same reason as I then? An escape from people and the like."

He considered the taller man before looking out over the sea, "How is business of late?"
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down