Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out for the day [Open]

2 posters

Go down

Out for the day [Open] Empty Out for the day [Open]

Post by Rune Amundsen Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 am

To those who didn't know better, he was just some skinny kid. To those who did... Well... Those who did were calling him to their ships to take a look at things. You have to know how an airship works to sell it's parts, and Rune always felt a bit of pride at knowing that few were better than him. At least in repairing airships. He strolled around the Airship grounds like he normally did on Wednsdays, looking at potential customers or learning about the latest in Airship Technology. It was nice to be in one's element. As per usual, he had stuck a sign on the door of his shop saying he was out, and where he was, if someone really needed him. He doubted anyone would, though.
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

https://saharaskies.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Out for the day [Open] Empty Re: Out for the day [Open]

Post by Sadiq Adnan Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Sadiq glanced around the shipyard. He had been coming to check on his own ship, which had just gotten in after a recent voyage. He wanted to talk to the captain about some troubles they had run into, and see about any updates that could be made to his ship before sending it out again. But what's more than that, he wanted to see what was happening with the other ships as well, curious about how they were advancing, and if there had been any recent breakthroughs in the technology. After all, he liked keeping up to date.

Coming around another airship, he noticed a rather small kid almost wandering the area. A brow raising beneath his mask, he considered the other. "You're not lost, are you?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Amundsen Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

A deep voice called to him. It almost annoyed him, the tone he could perceive was a concerning one.

"You're not lost, are you?"

He turned to face the other, and he dryly replied "I would think not. After all, my customers are here." Rune observed the other carefully. Tan and muscular, he appeared average to the Norwegian. Most people were like him. So what was he thought of now? A child? A girl? A ghost? It was funny what people thought of the 21 year old as.
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 am

For a moment Sadiq blinked at the other, looking him over again. "Your customers, eh?" he asked, shifting a little to rest his weight more on one leg than the other. Well, that changed a good deal of his perception of how old the other was, let alone what they did. "How old are you then?" he asked, actually a little awed that someone so young looking was so comfortable with airships--however, considering he hitched a ride on his first one at twelve maybe he shouldn't be surprised.

But he had already been a strapping lad and had grown up on mean streets so by twelve he had been more than ready for such a life--the figure before him looked more like a waif.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Amundsen Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:50 pm

"Ja, my customers" Rune stated "I'm 21 years old. Moved here a few years ago." So the older man thought he was a kid, now? Did he really look so young? The other man did look quite a few years older him, so perhaps that could warrant the rather insulting question, then. He sighed slightly "I own a shop, and I work as a mechanic." That should prove he was as old as he so claimed. Rune watched for the reaction with dull blue eyes, a frown settling on his face.
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:04 pm

His brows still raised behind the mask, Sadiq considered him again. "Damn you're small," he muttered. "But twenty-one huh? That's still pretty young to have any sort of practice set up. You must be pretty good then huh?" he asked, arms crossed over his chest, as they often where when he was actually considering something. "What you do then?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Amundsen Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Rune frowned more, hearing a bit of a mutter before the man started to speak clearly. He assumed it was something insulting or dirty. "Ja, I think of myself as pretty good at what I do" He said in his normal emotionless voice "I sell airship parts, especially for older or more unique models, like the V1-6670 of the Steam Tracks line. I also come here on Wednesdays for the odd repair or two if people need it, so I'm a mechanic." That should be enough information for the other man.
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 pm

"I'm impressed," Sadiq murmured, actually being mostly honest. "If you're dealin' with such old parts, you probably must be good at what you do or it wouldn't work." He paused, considering the other. "So, you're a mechanic then? Do you only deal with older ships or do you get a chance to look at some of the new ones too?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Amundsen Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Rune shrugged "I like to take a look at the newer ones, if I can. Most people get me for the older models. I read about the newer ones in catalouges." Rune explained. Learning was generally experience here. If you didn't do something, you didn't learn about it. Even though Rune was a master at old an unique brands, he honestly didn't know too much about the latest models. People often talked about them, but the blueprints or instruction booklets that he needed were rare
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Sadiq nodded through the exchange, watching the other's expression and mood. Interesting little guy, to be so small and pale and seem to know so much about such large and destructive things. "So, assumin' I needed someone to take a look at my ship, do you think you'd be qualified enough to do so, or have any recommendations for someone you think might suit?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm

[[ hope you two don't mind if I chime? ]]

Clad in an uncomfortably long sleeved shirt and under his parasol, (he was somewhat worried about skin cancer, even in the waning sun) Roderich watched the comings and going of the shipyard. Two months and nobody had even heard of a continent called Europe. He was beginning to lose hope-- just.

Still, the two conversing might have an idea. It was a rather odd pair; one man who looked decidedly at home in his surroundings and another --- a kid?

"Hello," he greeted casually (Roderich didn't do casual). "I was wondering whether you two knew of any ships that has Europe as a destination perchance?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Amundsen Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:04 am

"Mm, Ja. I'd probably be qualified enough. Or there are plenty of people here who make being qualified for that their job." He nodded, smiling a bit wryly. He glanced at the deeply tanned man "Do you need someone to check your ship?" However, before he could receive an answer, the two were approached by what seemed to be an gentleman. Parasol, long sleeves, slightly annoyed expression, it was all there. He spoke about going to Europe. "Europe...?" Rune bit his lip "Most of the airships go to England, but rarely anywhere else." He had had to travel to England to get on the airship that took him here.
Rune Amundsen
Rune Amundsen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:43 am

Sadiq leaned back, looking the younger, much, much paler man over. He adjusted his hat slightly, considering him a moment longer. Honestly, he was miffed at the interruption of the conversation he had been having, having been inclined to ask the young man to look over his ship to make sure the repairs were going well and that nothing else was going to go wrong.

"Europe?" he asked finally and shrugged. "Sure. It depends on where you want to go there though. He's right," he said, inclining his head to Rune. "England's certainly the more common destination, but with the right smugglers, you might get closer to where every you're goin'."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down