Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.]

2 posters

Go down

An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.] Empty An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.]

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Kateryna slowly made her way along the shore. Her feet bare, her shoes clutched in her right hand. The water felt nice, rolling over her toes. The moon was in the sky, and the sun was just about setting. This was the perfect time to be out, in her opinion. The day was too hot, and the night, too cold. Right now, though, it was a pleasant warm and the water was cool. The sand clung to the soles of her feet while she walked, getting between her toes and nearly up her ankles. She had to hitch her skirt up slightly so that it wouldn't get too dirty.

Breathing a soft sigh of contentment, Kateryna looked around and took a deep breath. No one appeared to be around, but there might be a few people down by the docks. Kateryna had been down there a good few times to collect newly arrived stock when somebody couldn't do that for her. It was tiresome and she couldn't manage it without putting her back out for a few days, but at least she got the job done!

She turned back to the beautiful sea and its rippling waves. It was amazing and vast... Perhaps one day she'll be back on a boat heading to her home country of Ukraine, which was so far away... Wow she felt lonely right now. Her son was tucked up in bed (She hoped) with his little puffin friend, and she didn't really know anyone around town. She really wanted to make friends.
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

http://www.thezodiacschool.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.] Empty Re: An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.]

Post by Im Yong Soo Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:59 am

With a yawn Yong Soo walked through the sand of the shore. He had just come back from fishing and was pretty exhausted, the day had been way more tiring than expected. His fisher boat had nearly sunk again and while trying to repair it he lost all the fish he caught. So in the end he had to stay longer but with the whole action before he scared away all the fish and came to the dock empty handed. And now he walked here. A shortcut through the city would have been faster but he wanted his way home to be as long as possible since he had been on a boat the whole day and now enjoyed walking on ground that didn’t move. Thinking about that... he probably walked like a drunk.

His gaze went to the ocean and suddenly he had the urge to run. And when Yong Soo had the urge to move he always did he just couldn't keep still. So he ran while looking at the ocean a bright smile on his face. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, because he was still a bit wobbly on his feet and soon tripped and fell. "Whoa!", but instead of being shocked or crying or anything he started laughing and kept on lying in the sand.

((i hope this is ok... orz ))
Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.] Empty Re: An Evening Stroll [OPEN. HOPE RIGHT IN.]

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

Kateryna could have swarn she'd heard somone behind her. It could have been her imagination, but... She turned around and saw a short man... (boy? How old was he?) just as he tumbled over what appeared to be nothing. She didn't have the time to run forward and catch him, as that would mean letting go of both her skirt and her shoes and pulling her feet out of the wet sand they were slowly sinking into. But when he fell, he didn't seem upset. Kateryna knew that whenever she fell over, she couldn't stop the waterworks from starting...

But generally, when a person falls over, they don't start to laugh. Yet, this is exactly what this boy did. Ambling over slowly, Kateryna looked around for a dry patch of sand to rest her shoes on. She placed them down and turned to the boy, hand outstretched. "Excuse me, sir, do you need a hand up?" She asked politely over his noisy giggles.

(( It is~ <3 ))
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Yong Soo Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Still lying and laughing in the wet sand Yong suddenly heard a voice. When he looked up there was to his surprise a woman standing there extending her hand to help him. He didn't thought that anyone would be out at the shore around this time at least he had never seen anyone. But then again he often missed stuff because he didn't look closely. "Sure", with a smile he took her hand and stood up. His clothes were soaked and full of sand, but they had been like that before so he didn't mind, at least they now didn't smell of fish so much.

"Are you here often? The sea looks so pretty at this time of the day! What's your name? I'm Yong Soo!", the words came out without thinking. He hadn't even really looked at the woman in front of him and already flooded her with words. But he couldn't help it: "I don't know why but I just fell! I bet there was a crab or something, because now there's nothing there anymore!"

(( ;w; ))

Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Kateryna had to tut at the state of his clothes, but she supposed there wasn't much she could do about it now. And the boy didn't look too fussed about it either, so it wasn't that bad. Still, she brushed him down with her handkerchief in a half hearted attempt because she couldn't really stand sand- it was unpleasant and stuck to everything. Especially wet things.

"It does look lovely, doesn't it?" She agreed, smiling softly. "I don't come here too often, but I do wonder down on occasion, when I'm looking for a peaceful evening. My name is Kateryna Braginskaya, and it's a pleasure to meet you." She introduced herself properly, as she was raised to do. "Of course it was, dear." She smiled sweetly, letting the boy believe that it was a crab which had tripped him, not his own clumsiness. "Where are you from? You don't look very Egyptian."
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Yong Soo Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:24 pm

"Mhh?" he looked curiously at the handkerchief the woman took out and after she brushed of some of the sand in his face his look went from curious to surprised. "What are you doing?" even though Yong didn't notice that people normally just ignored him, it was unusual for him that someone took the time to get some sand out of his face.

His look went out to the see and for a second he stood completely still: "I like the sea...", then the moment was over and he started jumping up and down for no real reason. "You should wait until the sun sets da-ze!", he pointed over at the sun that nearly touched the sea. "It's so pretty!" The smile on his face got a little bigger when he thought about the sunsets.
The jumping stopped when he heard her name and he thought for a second until he raised his voice: "Uhm... How do I say that?"
He than looked if there was that evil crab anywhere to be seen so that he could point at it, but there was no crab at all. So he just smiled when the women agreed and didn't say anything about crabs anymore.
"Oh? Well I'm not Egyptian! I'm from Korea da-ze!"
Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:56 am

"I'm being nice," Kateryna stated in responce to Yong's question, stuffing the now sandy handkerchief into her handbag. She was already feeling rather maternal towards the boy. "It would be lovely to watch the setting sun, but I worry about once it goes below the horizon and everywhere gets almost unbearably cold." Egypt was a strange place, and the temperatures baffled Kateryna- how there could be so many in such a short space of time? "Then again, I do have one of my warmer cardigan on... Oh, why not?" She smiled sweetly at Yong Soo. "And if you think you'll have trouble pronouncing my name, just call me 'Kat' or something similar, okay?" She nodded at him, used to having people struggling to pronounce her name. "Korea? Wow, that's quite far from here, isn't it?" She looped her arm around his and started to walk along the edge of the water. The height difference made it difficult for her to keep her hold on him, but she kept it up anyway, stooping only slightly.

"Shall we find somewhere to sit? Like a rock? Where we can enjoy the sunset properly!" Looking around, there didn't seem to be anywhere, and Kateryna wasn't fond of the idea of sitting on the sand and getting her skirt dirty, so she insisted they find somewhere slightly cleaner.
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Yong Soo Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

"Yeah it's really pretty and all the colours look so amazing! And than there is the sea with it's blue and the sun! Blue and red, that are my favorite colours!", Yong beamed nearly overhearing what Katyerna said. "Hmm? Oh! I know! I once was swimming and didn't notice how late it was! And than everything was cold and I was ill for the next couple of days!", everything he said was accompanied by a lot of waving with his arms. "Then you'll look at the sunset with me? That's great! Because it's nice to look at it alone, but it gets boring! Doing stuff with other people is way nicer and more fun." He returned the simile and started to jump out of excitement up and down again. "Hmm, I'll call you Katy! Because it sounds nice."
"Yes, it's a long way away, but i don't really remeber anything from there. Because I moved here when i was really little!", he looked at the arm looping around his and similed at the woman again. "But you don't look to Egyptian either!"

He wondered why they couldn't just sit on the ground, but Katy had her shoes in one hand, so Yong thought she probably didn't like sand too much. Which was weird since there was quite a lot of sand in Egypt! He put the thought to the side and started looking for something to sit on too. "I think i know something!" He exclaimed happily and pointed like mad in one direction. After walking there, there actually was an wreck of a boat lying upside down. Probably a leftover from some storm.

Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 am

Kateryna took Yong Soo by the... Sleeve... and walks along the side with him, nodding as he chatted. It was sweet, the boy was so hyperactive, and Kateryna liked to listen to him. After ten minutes of walking, she came across a bunch of large, smooth rocks with water lapping around the edges of the ones at the front. She smiled and stepped up on one, then used her already mucky handkerchief to give a higher up rock a clean.

She helped pull Yong Soo up to the rock next to her, sparing a glance at the wreck in the sea. "Aaah, it looks like something pirates would do..." She tilted her head slightly. Pirates... The thought made her nervous and intrigued at the same time... But she shook the thoughts out of her head and turned back to him. "Oh-! I'm Ukrainian, so you know!"

In front of them, the sun was slowly setting.
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Yong Soo Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

He looked at the stones and waited that Kateryna climbed up. Happily he took her hand as she wanted to help him. "Thank you!", he sat down on the stone not minding the dirt on it. The view was really nice from up the stones you could see a bit further than from the ground and Yong was sure that he could see the docks from here.

"Pirates?" his eyes got big and he stared at the wreck in new excitement. "That would be awesome! You think there are any pirates here? I mean like they are here and want to destroy stuff.", he paused for a second, thinking: "Well them destroying stuff wouldn't be so cool but still pirates!" he kept on staring at the wreck in awe. Every thought about the boat being a leftover from a storm completely wiped of his mind.

"Ukrainian .. Ukraine, that .. is pretty far away too isn't it!", he tried to remember "And ... it's cold there right?" He wanted to add something else but his eyes caught the warm colours of the setting sun and he looked over. He suddenly was a lot quieter "This is so nice" he whispered with a smile on his face. Watching the sun like a little child.
Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 am

"Mmm... Very cold there..." Kateryna murmured, wrapping an arm around Yong Soo. The sun set was incredible; casting a bright orange glow across the water. If only Kateryna had some way of capturing the scene and keeping it for as long as she'd liked. She had heard of things like cameras, but they were so expensive, she doubted she would ever be able to get one.

She lifted her hand and casually started to play with Yong Soo's hair- and who could blame her? It was soft and nice to the touch. "Dear, do you often just sit and watch the sunset?" She asked softly, combing out his hair.

(( Sorry about its length ;u; ))
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Yong Soo Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 pm

"I usually don't like the cold, warm just seems so much nicer," he says. He doesn't mind the arm, because it's comfortable right now and even if he did mind he wouldn't notice as he is completely absorbed by the sunset. It also got him to shut up, at least for a little while. After some time he had to talk again, it felt weird when there weren't any words for to long: "Hey! Do you know about Cameras?", the thought just came to him for some reason. "They're pretty awesome! You have to point them at something then press a button and then it makes a picture of what your watching, also there are chemicals and some other stuff involved," he shut up again and just stared at the sunset for a while.

"When I'm around here at the right time I always stay to watch! It's pretty nice I guess," he got a bit irritated by her now. "Is something wrong with my hair?"

(( sorry for not being there FOREVER ono ))
Im Yong Soo
Im Yong Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down