Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Moment (Open)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just a Moment (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Moment (Open)

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Nodding, Sadiq fished that price out as well, setting it on the counter next to the money he had set there earlier. "This should do," he said, accepting the case and putting it next to the actual gun. "So, anythin' else you think I might need, or should I leave you ta your rest?"

He grinned at the shorter man. It had been obvious to Sadiq that the other had been napping when he came in earlier.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:35 pm

“I think that should do, and I’m quite rested, thank you.” Vash replied, curbing his inclination to allow a semblance of the Alps to creep into his tone—cold was not the way to continue business. “As a question, you mentioned that you have your own shop. What is it you deal in?”

His green eyes flickered over the larger man, not certain he wanted to know, but at the same time if it was something innocuous enough then it would help him vouch for the man if it came down to a question regarding the guns.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Sadiq's grin only got wider, if that was really possible at that point. "Spices," he replied, not mentioning the fact he damn well knew the other had been sleeping. "And other such trinkets."

He paused for a moment, still leaning against the counter and looking the other shopowner over again. "Why'd you want to know? And feel free to stop by sometime, for all your babble needs."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Vash leaned against the wall behind the counter, crossing his arms loosely over his chest again. “Well, if I find need for spices or trinkets I’ll be sure to stop by.”

He considered how to word his answer to the question in order to avoid offense, but determined that it was unlikely to be possible. “I like to have some vague idea of what I’d be able to say in my own defense if I hear you got into trouble using that gun I just sold you.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Sadiq's brows shot up at that, and for a moment he considered being everything from amused to deeply offended. "You think I would use this gun to get into trouble?" he asked, posturing innocently.

He paused for a moment and then became serious again. "You often do background checks on clients or somethin'? Because otherwise, if it came down to it, which it unlikely shall, say I seemed an upstandin' enough sort, showed no trouble, and that I had the money. Who in this world blames the gunmaker?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm

“I don’t know if you would or not.” Vash replied simply. “And you remember our conversation about paranoia earlier? I’d rather not risk them blaming the gunseller. By knowing what you’ve told me you do I have a legitimate defense.”

He shrugged slightly. “It’s nothing personal, I check names and businesses of anyone I sell to. If it comes down to it, I’m more extensive with many, but they usually have to irk me severely for me to pry into their business more than I just did.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Sadiq inclined his head. "Well, then, I'm rather glad I managed not to irk you. It would hardly reflect well on either of us then, hm?" He grinned, picking up the gun and slipping it inside his jacket, putting the box of ammunition under one arm.

"Well," he said, tipping his hat to the other, or as much as he could with the heat almost plastering it to his head. "Thankee kindly then, for your help, and good luck dealin' with other costumers. And any authorities that might come your way, heaven forbid of course."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Vash touched his forehead in lieu of a hat he could tip. “Thank you for your business. A pleasure trading with you.” The other man’s last comment elicited a small smile again. “And thank you. Good luck with your own business.”

He silently considered his options for once the other left, he could attempt to get work done, he could try to catch a few more minutes of sleep, or he could work on his sketches. He really ought to figure out what he needed to stock his cabinets upstairs in his apartment over the shop.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Inclining his head again, Sadiq murmured a, "Good day, and you're welcome for the business. Stop by my place any time," before he turned to leave. Stepping back out into the street, he blinked at the brightness of the afternoon sun that was still hovering in the sky. He started making his way back to his own shop once his eyes adjusted.

He liked feeling the weight of the gun though. He would test it later probably, possibly the next afternoon when things were busy and loud. But it had been such a long time since he had a weapon he could trust, after having lost his last one, and he felt better already for it.

[[END THREAD]]
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2